The Earth Holocracy Proposal advocates in favor of whole system change. The Proposal offers a popularly-based vision and a set of best-practice strategies for replacing the current centralized system of neo-liberal globalization with a new, decentralized system of participatory democracy built from the grassroots.
The Proposal highlights four reasons for its advocacy of whole system change –
These reasons for advocating whole system change are explored in the four parts of the Proposal’s Volume Six (as above) – in an endeavor to shed light upon the causal factors underlying the unconscionable specter of injustice and devastation that we see in our world today.
The purposes of Volume Six of the Earth Holocracy Proposal are
firstly, to present a more accurate picture of geopolitics than readily available through mass media
and secondly, to provoke a mass knee-jerk reaction – a flaring of popular awareness, conscience, ethics and authentic humanity – of sufficient clarity and strength as to motivate us all to “slam on the breaks” and turn around.
Part One, Global Domination by the Neoliberal Hegemony, investigates the rise of the neoliberal hegemony and its extraordinary achievement in consolidating global power. We examine modern history in the voices of mass social movements worldwide, independent media, leading investigative writers, legal experts and justice organizations, as well as famed historic personalities who have offered warnings, as well as brazen confidences, to humanity from the “halls of power”. Part One includes a short list of key players involved in consolidating and maintaining global power and wealth in the hands of the (tiny) neoliberal hegemony. Part One concludes with a presentation of the disastrous impact – indeed, the ruthless assault – of neoliberal “free market” globalization policies upon humanity and the world environment.
Part Two, Systemic Global Militarism, looks into the black, inky depths of humanity’s traumatized and morally-injured collective consciousness. We look at the “disastrous rise of misplaced power”, the vast edifice of US-led global militarism, the modern era of “unending war”, the illegal violation of national sovereignty and human rights the world over, the insanity of humanity’s complicity in perching ourselves upon the “high-tech”, apocalyptic brink of World War III.
“The best estimates are that a ten-year commitment of around $76 billion per year, less than 7% of military expenditures, would lead to the fulfillment of the Millennium Development Goals” (Jonathan Granoff, 2009, President of the Global Security Institute) – eradicating extreme poverty and hunger; achieving full and productive employment and decent work for all, including women and young people; halving the proportion of people who suffer from hunger; ensuring environmental sustainability; integrating the principles of sustainable development into country policies and programs; reversing loss of environmental resources; reducing biodiversity loss, achieving, by 2010, a significant reduction in the rate of loss; halving, by 2015, the proportion of people without sustainable access to safe drinking water and basic sanitation; and so much more. Ahem.
Part Three in Volume Six is titled “Propaganda, Conspiracy and the Matrix of Deception”.
Now, neoliberal apologists insist that we live in an “economic democracy”: that the people vote for the world we live in every day – with their pocket books.
Obviously, great masses of humanity are actively engaged in the “GRUNCH of GIANTS” (to use a phrase coined by Buckminster Fuller) – that is, the “GRoss Universal Cash Heist” of the “debtocracy” – the global financial rulers, the neoliberal hegemony. The people of the world’s nations that have been successfully brought under neoliberal domination, have not only their government, banking systems and corporate industries under centralized control, but also their mass media, education, entertainment, and the “career options” of their daily lives are also under intensive neoliberal control. So, yes, we’re complicit in our own destruction: it’s “the world we know” – “the world we’ve been born and raised in”. But, this section questions – in graphic posters and honest evidence: “Is this really the best we can do?”and “Is this really what we want”? It is the contention of the Earth Holocracy Proposal that the answer to these questions is a resounding “No!”. The many who are not yet rising up are, for the most part, not yet aware of how extreme is the current system’s multi-level attack upon the people – how threatened our very existence actually is. (Our ability to function and think is also severely hampered – on just the physical level – by toxicity, nutritional deficiency and exposure to highly damaging electromagnetic field pollution.) Many still believe – as Denis Halliday did, as David Korten did, as many did and do until they see for themselves – the lie that they are somehow serving the advancement of society or the common good – trying to save lives, spread democracy, cure cancer, protect the environment, or whatever. The system is corrupt; it is based on lies. It is killing us. Sorry. Sorry that we are – most of us – reliant upon, and complicit in, the destruction of humanity and the earth. Like I said, this is the “put on the breaks, and turn around” section.
The title of Part Three’s first article, “Propaganda and the Manufacturing of Consent” – as well as its first quote: “Propagandists labour to disguise the obvious, to conceal the actual workings of power, and to spin a web of mythical goals and purposes” – are from the famed political dissident, Noam Chomsky. The article looks at the deep extent of the neoliberal conspiracy of ‘manufacturing consent’ for such an inequitable, unconscionable, destructive, insane system. As Javier Moreno, the editor of El Pais, noted in 2010: “The WikiLeaks papers… conclusively reveal the extent to which politicians in the West have been lying to their citizens.” A reproduced section of a John Pilger article examines the extreme power of propaganda to delude a citizenry: “Since 2002, a pioneering media unit at Glasgow University has produced remarkable studies of reporting and propaganda in Israel/Palestine. Professor Greg Philo and his colleagues were shocked to find a public ignorance compounded by TV news reporting. The more people watched, the less they knew. Greg Philo says the problem is: so imposing is the power structure of the media – as an extension of the state and its vested interests – that critical facts and historical context are routinely suppressed. Incredibly, less than 9 percent of young viewers interviewed by Professor Philo’s team were aware that Israel was the occupying power, and that the illegal settlers were Jewish; many believed them to be Palestinian.” And this is despite the International Trade Union Confederation’s – and countless others around the world – publicly condemning the Israeli occupation of Palestine! Amazing.
The sixth article, Conspiracy is not a Theory, quotes the likes of:
- Former British Defense Secretary and Secretary of the Exchequer, Denis Healey: “World events do not occur by accident: They are made to happen, whether it is to do with national issues or commerce; and most of them are staged and managed by those who hold the purse strings.”
- Former U.S. President, Franklin Delano Roosevelt: “In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.”
- Louis McFadden, US Congressman in 1934: “When the Fed was passed the people of these United States did not perceive that a world system was being set up here…a super-state controlled by international bankers and international industrialists acting together to enslave the world.”
- Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter in1952: “The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes.”
- Congressman L. P. McDonald in 1976: “The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government combining super-capitalism and communism under the same tent, all under their control…. Do I mean conspiracy? Yes, I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly evil in intent.”
In “Propaganda, Conspiracy and the Matrix of Deception“, issues arising from policies and practices that are routinely enforced while bearing chronically negative impacts upon the people and the world environment, are raised. In an effort to contribute towards opening vital public dialogue and debate on matters that are obscured by governments, financiers and corporations, articles such as the following are included in this volume:
- Millions were in germ war tests: Much of Britain was exposed to bacteria sprayed in secret trials
- Dicamba – The Genetic Editor
- Child Vaccination – State Enforcement of, and Medical Acquiesence to, a Harmful Practice
- Morgellons Disease
Part Four, titled “Popular Rejection of Neoliberal Imperialism”, adds to that which has already been presented throughout the Earth Holocracy Proposal series regarding the people’s rejection of the current socio-politico-economic system, and the people’s pursuit of alternatives. Herein we provide a very small snap shot of popular discontent and world-wide activism against a devastating specter of rampant human rights violations, ecocide, genocide, oppression and and injustice.
We reproduce the relevant Wikipedia entry which clarifies: “The anti-globalization movement… [is] critical of the globalization of corporate capitalism… [It] is also commonly referred to as the global justice movement, alter-globalization movement, anti-corporate globalization movement, or movement against neoliberal globalization”. It’s a “movement of movements”.
The movement against neoliberal globalization is the modern story of the maturation of popular awareness, the affirmation of fundamental ethics and the rise of global solidarity. It is inspiring.
Ultimately, however, it is a story of the realization that governments will not act according to the popular will – as illustrated in 2003 when despite 11 million or more people worldwide having participated in global protests against the invasion of Iraq, the US-led Allied Forces still went ahead with their “Shock and Awe”. We’re still invading and occupying, still mining carbon-based fuels, still fracking the waters, still subsidizing destructive industries, still spreading GMOs, still pursuing neoliberal economic policies that favor the elite to the severe detriment of the people and the earth, still rationalizing the impoverishment of the people and their “common wealth” in the name of fraudulent “public debts”.
In Part Four, we reproduce a highly illuminating article by Razmig Keucheyan, titled “The French are right: tear up public debt – most of it is illegitimate anyway” which identifies the actual causes of the French debt – clearly showing it not to be due to public over-spending, but rather:
- “a fall in the tax revenues of the state… [due to] massive tax reductions for the wealthy and big corporations [being] carried out since 1980.
- “the increase in interest rates, especially in the 1990s. This increase favored creditors and speculators, to the detriment of debtors”
Keuchyan points out, “Tax reductions for the wealthy and interest rates increases are political decisions. What the audit shows is that public deficits do not just grow naturally out of the normal course of social life. They are deliberately inflicted on society by the dominant classes, to legitimize austerity policies that will allow the transfer of value from the working classes to the wealthy ones… Hence, the audit on the debt concludes, some 60% of the French public debt is illegitimate. An illegitimate debt is one that grew in the service of private interests, and not the well-being of the people. Therefore the French people have a right to demand a moratorium on the payment of the debt, and the cancellation of at least part of it.”
Keucheyan also notes:
“A stunning finding of the report is that no one actually knows who holds the French debt…
Who owns these titles is one of the world’s best kept secrets… This deliberate organization of ignorance – agnotology – in neoliberal economies intentionally renders the state powerless… This is what permits tax evasion in its various forms – which last year cost about €50bn to European societies, and €17bn to France alone.”
Part Four highlights popular rejection of “the pillar of the ‘free market’ economy”: that is, systemic US-led global militarism – presenting
- “An Open Letter of Reconciliation and Responsibility to the Iraqi People” by former US soldiers
- A series of collages (of imagery and fliers) featuring the organizations We Are Not Your Soldiers, Courage To Resist, Iraq Veterans Against the War [IVAW] and World Can’t Wait
- The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Movement – hearkening to the reasons for Palestinian civil society’s call for a comprehensive and immediate military embargo on Israel: “Israel is only able to carry out brutal massacres and deliberately kill Palestinian civilians because of the willingness of governments, institutions and companies around the world to cooperate with Israel’s military and weapons companies.”
- John Pilger’s account of the Norwegian doctor, Dr. Mads Gilbert, renowned for his heroic work in Gaza, and championing the people’s “right to resist”
- Jewish Voices for Peace – and the young, brave Israeli Conscientious Objectors, the Shministim, – hearkening the ears of our own conscience to Raz Bar-David Varon, imprisoned at age 18 during the final months of 2008 and early 2009, who explained his refusal to serve in the Israeli Defense Force: “I wasn’t born to serve as a soldier who occupies another… The struggle against the occupation is mine too. It is a struggle for hope, for a reality that sometimes feels so far away. I have a responsibility for this society. My responsibility is to refuse.”