Welcome to the home site of the Earth Holocracy Proposal.
This site endeavors to present the resounding consensus of popular movements worldwide concerning
- the extreme nature of the environmental, social, political and economic crises faced by the current generation of humanity
- the root cause of our crises being the centralization of power and wealth in the hands of the neoliberal hegemony
- the only viable and realistic means for resolving the mega-crises now faced being the empowerment and self-organization of Local Communities – to direct their own affairs and responsibly steward their own territory’s natural environment, wealth and resources.
The Earth Holocracy Proposal presents this wide-reaching consensus, and moreover, translates it into a practical vision, best-practice strategies and a skeletal blueprint for an inter-regionally cooperative, ecologically-sound, humanly-rewarding global civilization: a decentralized participatory democracy founded upon local self governance and local environmental stewardship:
- as CALLED FOR by the world’s many Real Democracy and Self Determination / Independence Movements – and by all advocates of a genuinely democratic world
- as REQUIRED FOR – not only the survival – but the flourishing of global human civilization
- and as CHAMPIONED in Regions of Autonomous Self Governance, for example, in Syrian Rojava and the Mexican Chiapas, and in various Nations, particularly those of the Bolivarian Alliance.
KEY STRATEGIES ADVOCATED WITHIN THE EARTH HOLOCRACY PROPOSAL
1. The democratic, community-rights based, empowerment of Local Communities to direct their own affairs and steward their own natural environment – using the proposal’s Local Community Declaration of Rights. This Declaration represents the proposal’s “springboard” to a genuinely democratic – socio-culturally, politically and economically decentralized system. The authority of the Declaration is based upon “the will of the people” and the internationally-recognized and legally-binding UN International Bill of Human Rights.
2. The catalyzing of a global social movement – a “movement of movements” united in “Global Solidarity for Local Self Determination”, and premised upon the understanding that the only realistic way to ensure a viable future for global civilization is by decentralizing power and wealth, by liberating Local Communities to manage their own lives, effectively direct their own destinies, and steward their own natural environments. The proposal’s “Statement of Global Solidarity for Local Self Determination” represents a new social contract between Local Communities everywhere – one that supports and liberates the people to focus upon the “job at hand”: building, from the grassroots, a world of “Local, Living Economies” and a new socio-politico-economic system: a decentralized participatory democracy based upon the people’s place-based identity, active citizenship and robust stewardship.
3. The ensuring of the authenticity, integrity and fruitfulness of society’s democratizing process by means of the proposal’s advocated organizational model, the “Holocratic Circle”. Presented in Volume Four, the Holocratic Circle is a customized fusion of best practices for achieving the egalitarian, transparent, accountable, efficient, horizontal, ethics-based, harmonious and fruitful collaboration popularly called for and now required. Its key design processes are modeled upon the “Sociocratic Circle” or “Integrated Learning Circle” of Sociocracy.
4. Providing a straight-forward blueprint for achieving economic decentralization – drawing upon P.R. Sarkar’s Progressive Utilization Theory (widely known as PROUT), and presenting a cornucopia of working solutions advanced by the global “Relocalization Movement” and the “sustainability revolution”, which show the way for the overhaul of human industry and commerce now urgently required in order to achieve a “clean-and-green”, sustainable, ecologically-responsible, humanly-rewarding and viable future for humanity.
Please see Volume Five: “Economic Decentralization”.
The proposal is presented on this site, and in six volumes:
There Are Solutions
“Each and every” obstacle to building a sustainable global civilization “has solutions”, affirms Ed Groark, Acting President of Worldwatch, “especially if we commit to an ethic of stewardship, robust citizenship, and a systems approach to addressing the challenges that we face”.
Gaelle Gourmelon, April 13, 2015, Press Release: Hidden Threats Imperil Quest for Sustainable Societies Worldwide
The Time is Now
“Only mass social movements can save us now.
“Because we know where the current system, left unchecked, is headed… To arrive at that dystopia, all we need to do is keep barrelling down the road we are on.
The only remaining variable is whether some countervailing power will emerge to block the road, and simultaneously clear some alternate pathways to destinations that are safer. If that happens, well, it changes everything.”
Naomi Klein, 2014, This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. the Climate., pages 449, 45
“If opposition movements are to do more than burn bright and then burn out, they will need a comprehensive vision for what should emerge in the place of our failing system, as well as serious political strategies for how to achieve those goals… … a People’s Shock, a blow from below [that] can disperse power into the hands of the many rather than consolidating it in the hands of the few, and radically expand the commons, rather than auctioning it off in pieces.”
Naomi Klein, 2014, ibid., pp. 9, 10
“We have come to the point where the courage of exceptional individuals won’t suffice;
we now need humanity as a whole to become heroic.”
Ed Ayres, 1999, ‘Why Are We Not Astonished?’
Surely the time is now for humanity to unite in a “movement of movements” – liberating Local Communities, sharing best-practice solutions, setting about the democratization of society, the relocalization of the global economy and the ecological over-hauling of human industry.
That we might meet the opportunity of bequeathing a living earth and good life to future generations,
Katharine Dawn, Developer of the Earth Holocracy Proposal
Please add your voice to this site’s Vital Conversations
All authentic advocates of a sustainable and genuinely democratic future for global civilization are most welcome to join the fledgling online community of the Global Holocratic Assembly [GHA]. Please see the 10 Priorities of the Global Holocratic Assembly HERE: your participation and input are most warmly welcome.